We’re the Episcopal Chaplaincy serving Episcopal patients, their families and staff at Stanford Hospital and Medical Center along with hospitals in San Francisco. Our work is supported by contributions from individuals along with our Sponsoring Congregations. You can email our Chaplain here.
Through our E-chaplain, E-prayer and Prayer Care programs we can minister to Episcopalians whether or note they are physically in hospital. This allows us to serve those who are planning to be cared for here as well as those who are recovering from a hospital stay or are in need.
Our chaplain, The Rev. Tom Jackson, is available at Stanford Hospital. He can anoint patients, pray with you; or celebrate communion in your room for you and your family. He can provide the Episcopal service for Reconciliation of a Penitent (which is also known as confession). Fr. Tom can also assist if you need spiritual counseling while completing an Advance Directive.
- For patients at San Francisco Hospitals, please call and leave a message at 415.567.1855. Our San Francisco work is coordinated through St. Cyprian’s Episcopal Church.
- For patients at Stanford Hospital, urgent requests for the Episcopal Chaplain should be made through the Spiritual Care Service or the On Call Chaplain:
- Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.: just contact the Spiritual Care Service by phone (dial 3-5101 from any hospital phone or 650-723-5101).
- Between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m.: please page the on-call chaplain by calling (650) 723-8222, and then entering the page number: 15683.
- In an emergency: please ask your nurse to page the on-call chaplain. They are available 24/7/365 and serve as a first line of care in emergencies.
In all three cases, please remember to ask for a visit from the Episcopal Chaplaincy if that is your desire. Both the Spiritual Care Service office and the hospital’s on-call chaplain know how to contact us. Please tell them the number of the telephone in your room (or if you are a family member your cell phone number) so we can coordinate our visit.
Our mailing Address:
The Episcopal Chaplaincy
c/o St. Cyprian’s Episcopal Church
2097 Turk Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94115